The toughest part of being a counselor is to see someone crumbling and suffering in front of you – and you have no idea how to help. Maybe you thought you knew what the right Biblical answers were but despite your best care, the person or couple sitting in front of you is not getting better. Have you felt…
- confused by your conviction that God loves marriages and sees it as a covenant, but you also see so much sin and hurt and damage you don’t know what to say?
- Competent to tackle tough situations but on going emotional abuse leaves you completely baffled
- Exhausted and wonder if you are making a difference when change seems pretty impossible
- Angry when you see the indifferent attitude many churches take on abuse in Christian marriages
- Ready to help – but feel you are missing a big piece of knowledge
While I do offer more personal training, below are some of the best articles I have written to aid counselors thrive in their practice.