Are you ready to:
- Move beyond your stuck-ness and live in the wholeness God has given you?
- Practice Biblical life-skills that will allow you to challenge negative thinking, let go of negative emotions and make way for more healthy and loving relationships?
- Become more compassionate towards yourself and others?
- Find the courage to take new risks and move through failure?
- Acquire the confidence to speak your thoughts and feelings constructively?
- Deepen your relationship with God and others?
- Find freedom to become all God made you to be?
Working with a coach can help!
For more information on my three (3) and six (6) month coaching programs, click here to get started with no obligation and submit an inquiry to see if coaching is a good fit for you.
COACHING OR COUNSELING?
What is the difference?
Coaching is a relatively new profession. It began in the 80’s but has grown significantly in the past 30 years as more and more people recognize its value. It is not covered by one’s medical insurance but sometimes covered by employers, especially with career coaching, performance coaching and/or executive coaching.
In order to understand coaching, it can be helpful to think about a sports coach – which most people are familiar with. A sports coach helps a player gain the skills they need to enhance his or her performance. The coach also provides encouragement, accountability and structure so that the athlete develops to his or her fullest potential.
In the same way, personal coaches and relationship coaches work with people who want to enhance their current life but lack specific skills necessary to make it happen. They may be stuck and not able to get the progress they want. They need accountability and structure in order to get results.
When a person hires a coach, he or she needs more clarity, greater confidence, better direction, and accountability to reach desired goals.
Coaches are action oriented. They come along side someone who has specific goals to help a person get reach those goals. They aren’t necessarily dealing with someone’s past issues or something that is “wrong.” Rather they focus on what impedes someone’s progress to move forward. Most coaches are not counselors but have been trained in the process of coming along side someone and helping that person move toward a desired result.
Coaching is distinct from counseling.
- Counseling focus on feelings while coaching focuses on action.
- Counseling often focuses on the question “Why?” while coaches focus on the question “How?”
- Counseling focuses on weaknesses and deficits while coaching’s emphasis is on strengths and assets.
Despite these differences, many counselors see the value of incorporating coaching into their practice, (as they may already do some of this with their counseling clients).
Hiring a coach has nothing to do with having deep psychological problems or dysfunctions, but everything to do with wanting to become all that God has called you to be.
Sometimes when there is an overlap, a coach that is also a counselor can help someone through a short bump in the road, but if the client becomes emotionally unstable, overwhelmed, depressed, or unable to function, he/she is referred to a counselor. That doesn’t mean the coaching can’t continue, but the coach doesn’t do the counseling.
On a personal note, the reason I added coaching to my practice is that I receive many inquiries from people all over the world who would like specific help becoming the best possible person they can. They want help moving their relationships forward or rebuilding their life after relationship loss.
Get Started with no obligation – just submit an inquiry to see if coaching is a good fit for you – I look forward to exploring your coaching options with you so you can be on the road to more clarity, happiness and fulfillment!
Coaching the Christian Counselor Program
If you are a professional counselor and would like coaching to:
- Build your practice of private pay clients
- Improve your counseling skills with dealing with destructive relationships
- Enhance your speaking and writing platform to clearly express what you do and who you help.
Then Click here to schedule your no obligation, personal consultation to see if coaching would help you get to the next level.